Monday, January 17, 2011

Paper Mache and Mod Podge

I came across an awsome blog the other day called "A Diamond in the Stuff". I loved how she decorated her paper mache letters for Valentine's Day! I followed the tutorial and this is what I came up with.

You can use scrapbook paper but I actually used wrapping paper to do this project.

Then I used an extra fine point Sharpie paint pen to make the stitch lines around the X's.

And used ribbon and rinestones to embellish the letters for a pretty finish.

Below is the link to the tutorial where this idea came from. Thank you Courtney from A Diamond in the Stuff!!
http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-paper-mache.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a terrific job! I'm so glad my project inspired you! Keep up the good work!!!

A Cookie Takes the Cake said...

Thanks Courtney!